Terms and conditions:
1. By submitting to the infosec advent challenges, you assert that you own the submission (e.g. it is original work) and are authorized to submit the material to the challenge.
2. All challenge material provided to participants (sample memory images, etc.) are the property of Rendition Infosec. Participants are granted a license to use these materials exclusively for use in participating in the Infosec Advent challenges. Challenge materials may not be redistributed or used for other purposes (other training, blog posts, etc.).
3. All submissions to the infosec advent challenges become the property of Rendition Infosec and may be posted on the infosec advent website or in other media.
4. By submitting to the infosec advent challenges, you assert that you are authorized to receive cash, credit, or material prizes from Rendition Infosec (potentially a third-party vendor of your organization). If you are not eligible to win prizes, you may still submit answers and win honorable mention, simply check the “I do not wish to be considered for prizes” box when registering. If you have already registered and need to change your status, contact Rendition Infosec at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
5. All decisions of the judges are final.
6. Entries may not contain defamatory, libelous, or confidential information.
7. Rendition Infosec reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the challenge at any time.
8. You submit that if you win, your name and/or handle and organization name may be used in the Infosec Advent website or other media to announce your win.
9. Supplying false registration information will result in your disqualification from the event.
10. By submitting challenges, you authorize Rendition Infosec to use your name and organization name for the sole use of acknowledging your participation in the challenges.
11. Entrants must send entries as required in the contest announcement in order to be eligible. Entries received after the deadline set forth in the contest announcement are ineligible, null, and void. Rendition Infosec will not be responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries. Rendition Infosec is not responsible for entries that are sent but not received by Rendition Infosec for any reason.
12. All winners will be notified by the form/method of contact they provided to Rendition Infosec when they initially entered the contest. If contest was entered by filling out a form or by mail, winner will be emailed or called.
13. If the winner does not respond to the notification within: a) five (5) business days for contests entered via a form, email or mail, b) twenty four (24) hours for contests entered via social media, c) twenty four (24) hours for contests entered via text messaging, another winner will be chosen. Failure to respond within the time frames listed above shall mean that the provisional winner forfeits the prize.
14. Only one entry per person will be considered for contest entry unless the contest announcement specifically says that multiple entries are allowed.
15. All photos, drawings, text, and any other content or information (collectively and severally, “Materials”) submitted by you to Rendition Infosec shall become the sole and exclusive property of Rendition Infosec, and Rendition Infosec shall have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make available to you or others any Materials.
16. Rendition Infosec may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish, and otherwise make use of Materials in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created—throughout the world and for any purpose—without compensation to you of any kind.
17. By submitting Materials to Rendition Infosec, you represent and warrant that the Materials do not infringe any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Materials to Rendition Infosec free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
18. You acknowledge and agree that Rendition Infosec shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any Materials submitted by you.
19. You acknowledge and agree that Materials submitted by you may be made available by Rendition Infosec for viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting by the public. You acknowledge that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with Materials that you submit to Rendition Infosec. By submitting Materials to Rendition Infosec, you waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to the Materials.
20. You agree to hold Rendition Infosec and its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns harmless from and against—and hereby waive any right to pursue—any claims of any nature arising in connection with Rendition Infosec’s use of the Materials submitted to Rendition Infosec and used in any manner in Rendition Infosec’s sole and absolute discretion.
21. Contests involving evaluations of Materials submitted as part of the contest will be judged entirely in the sole and absolute discretion of Rendition Infosec. Decisions by Rendition Infosec are final.
22. All entrants and winners must be at least 18 years of age, unless otherwise stated or posted.
23. Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred.
24. Neither Rendition Infosec nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns shall be liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of the usage of a prize by any winner including but in no way limited to each and every aspect of the taking of a trip or tour as part of a contest prize. Rendition Infosec is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by Rendition Infosec.
25. If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Rendition Infosec in its sole and absolute discretion may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
26. A contest is null and void in any jurisdiction where prohibited by law.
27. Rendition Infosec reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to terminate any contest at any time without prior notice.
28. Rendition Infosec reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter any contest rules at any time.
29. By entering a contest, you conclusively are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these contest rules and terms and conditions as well as by any rules specific to such contest. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.
30. The following criteria apply:
a. In contests in which winners are selected at random, the odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received and cannot be determined in advance.
b. In contests in which winners are selected based upon skill or accomplishments, winners will be chosen by Rendition Infosec on the merits of each entry, in Rendition Infosec’s sole and absolute discretion.
c. In contests in which winners are selected on the basis of being the nth person to complete a stated action, the winner shall be that person provided that he or she validly completes the action, validity being determined by Rendition Infosec, in its sole and absolute discretion.
d. In contests and polls in which Rendition Infosec solicits votes by the public to help decide the winner, while the results of such polls may be a considered factor in determining the winner, the winner will ultimately be selected by Rendition Infosec in its sole and absolute discretion.
31. No purchase or payment of any consideration is necessary to enter the contest.
32. Rendition Infosec reserves the right to condition the award of prizes upon the execution by the winner(s) of a publicity release. Notwithstanding this reserved right, entry is conclusively deemed to be permission by the entrant to use the entrant’s name (without compensation to the entrant) if the entrant is a winner to publicize the contest and otherwise, as determined by Rendition Infosec, unless prohibited by law.
33. Rendition Infosec reserves the right to require the winner to execute an affidavit of eligibility as a sworn document and provide other proof of eligibility as a condition of receipt of the prize or award.